Thursday, August 31, 2006

MRI's never again..... I hope!

Well I got up and went and had my MRI to check out my back. If your are not familiar with this, you are in a tube and you can't move. They do these series of scans 50 sec, 2 min, 4 min 6 min and repeat. They I have heard the horror stories so I was somewhat prepared. If I never have to have this done again I will be happy girl. The give you earplugs because the machine is quite noisy when its scanning you. I don't know how a person who doesn't meditate or who can't visualize handles it. I found my mind wandering to vision of Charles Bronson digging the tunnel in the Great Escape I thought no that is a bad image pick another. Then I thought about Babylon 5 and the episode where a woman is in a life support tube and there is an alien in there with her feeding off her. Yikes that image is worse. So I brought up Viggo and Sean Bean, Shepherd from Atlantis and Delbert Mulroney from the Wedding date. Really any hot guy that I would love to kiss. I used some other meditation techniques but the guys work the best to get my mind off things. I didn't feel claustrophobic but I started having heavieness in my chest which was unnerving. Then after I came out of the machine I had to have a shot and go back in for about 8 minutes. They put some sort of dye in me for reference. That was hard going back in. I was so happy to be done with that.

I came home and tried packing the car again and I got it all in. Yeah!!!!!! I am glad fleeces compress so much. I will be ready to leave for Great Basin tomorrow.

This is for Susan who commented on whether the dye class will get a chance at the fibers I am bringing. I had not thought about that. I will have a table in Judy Jacksons booth. Maybe we will work something out so you can go look at the beginning of class.

I was at the post office when I saw this PT cruiser in the parking lot all painted up. It was great, I talked with the owner, her website is here. They make boxers and pj pants in a funky way. Each leg is different. Here is a gift for the man who has everything.

3 comments:

judie said...

Hi Kate. I dont comment here much mainly becuz I dont know much about sewing or weaving, but I do visit, and I checked out that Ugly site you left at Violettes. That was as kewl as their car, which is beautiful! I really dislike PT Cruisers, but I would drive that one!

You are brave to do the MRI. I couldn't do it. They even offered me Valium and I refused. First I tried and they slid me in and I started to panic and they rolled me right back out. So I went to have an open MRI, and the nurse assistant had to hold my hand like a little baby the entire time. I am such a coward. So...you are definitely the brave one! I hope your back will be ok and that you won't have to have surgery. I also had the steroid shots and here you are only allowed to have three because I think it is quite a technical treatment to do. Have a great time on your trip! :)

Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Pam Aries said...

Kate..you are too funny relating your MRI experience! I'd be mortified that they might be able to read my thoughts! ha! I GOT YOUR ATC!(Ocean Dreams) Thank you!Pretty aqua colors and sparkles! It makes me think of Lisa OceanDreamer! Have a fun trip!!!