Sunday, August 27, 2006

The College Trip Part I

Here we are, the last mother/daughter picture for awhile. Its taken at a resturant, I think it was at Gringos in Rexburg, the night before we left.











One of the things I wanted to do when we were in Missoula was to shop at the University bookstore. The art section is great, I kind find things there I can not back in Idaho Falls. Here is what I got.















This is a tiny moleskine sketchbook. Its the Van Gogh series and they are covered in silk fabric. They cost more but this was a luxury purchase. I am going to love to sketch and write in it.












These are some artsticks that are oil paint. I don't usually work in oils but I have seen some great stuff done on fabric with them so I wanted to try them out. I had never seen them in a store so I grabbedd some here. They had kits and open stock so I just picked a few colors I thought I would like. They are all iridescent so they should be fun.

I also found out that they had Fabriano Artistico watercolor papers. I had wanted to try some of that when I took that watercolor class a few months ago. It wasn't available locally and too expensive to mail order. I bought a sheet to try out and now I know where I can get more. They also had all the other papers that were so incredible. I had to get out of there while I could. I think I will try and buy a couple each time I visit. Then I will a nice collection for collage work.

Part II coming soon........ Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's good you could make a bittersweet trip a little sweeter.

I just bought my son some oil pastels. He's been requesting them for a while. I haven't tried them but it was fun watching him.