Saturday, January 20, 2007

The New me

I have been wanting a new picture for the blog. Sarah took this one of me last night at a concert. Its one of the best of me in some time even though my one eye looks weird, oh well we can't be perfect. We went to see the BYU (Brigham Young University) Philharmonic perform a selection of Russian Composers. They had a beautiful violin soloist that was quite incredible. He was from New York and was Chinese. Also discovered one of the Harp players was Elizabeth Smart. I know you all remember when she was kidnapped a few years back. So it looks like she's in college now.

Here are Sarah and Dave sitting at the concert, waiting for it to start.















Afterwards we went to Perkins for a piece of pie. It was a nice way to end her stay at home.










Last night I played a little in the art room. In Tracy Bautista's book Collage Unleashed she includes these black and white drawings for you to play with. I copied them on to card stock and watercolor paper. The first I painted with Twinkling H20's and the second and third one I used pastels on them. That was fun. I am not sure what I will do with them but something will come up. I really like how the pastels looked.











Then I tried the paint manipulation with a credit card. I liked the first one I did but the other two need some different colors added. They were fun to make, I can see I will want to play with that technique a little more.

3 comments:

KaiBlue said...

Wow, you look so happy and peaceful, like a light was infused into you Kate!!
Great pic!!
Welcome **new you Kate** to the universe..lol..
Peace Kai

Pam Aries said...

Kate..ya look Great! What a good picture! I love seeing what my cyber friends look like! I posted one of myself too!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

dahling, you look mahvelous!! Great photo, so happy to see your wonderful face up close! I like the scrape paintings you did, I am finding I like backgrounds done that way rather than with a brush. Keep on creating dear Kate!!
XOXO