Sunday, June 08, 2008

Drawing again


















I drew this in my moleskine sketchbook while at church today. I haven't drawn in church in a long time. It was my attempt at a different face. I won't show you the original since it really does not look like what I drew but oh well this is a first attempt at a 3/4 face and I am sure it will get better with more practice.

I am still cleaning the studio I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I had set up an additional writers group meeting on Saturday and it was great. I met with Maggie and she told me all about the 6 week writers workshop that she is going to attend in Seattle. Clarion West is what its called and its for SciFi and fantasy writers. Six weeks to work with 6 published authors. Its quite an opportunity for her. It sounded perfect for Sarah so I am encouraging her to apply to it for next years session.

I am back to working on my Grandparents book. I put all the letters on a disk only to find I had all these duplicates and some things are missing. So now I am going through them all again and checking what I have printed and what needs to be done and so forth. Sometimes its a daunting job. I also am starting to think about the trip I want to take to Ireland. There are a lot of details to be worked on before I can even think of going so I am starting to make lists and all that. I see it as a start to make that goal a reality.

1 comment:

Claire said...

she's lovely, kate :o)