Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Art Every Day














Kai has been doing this Art Every Day challenge of sorts, so I have been inspired. This is what I did last night. I took out that new drawing book I have on faces and tried to make some eyes using their techniques. This is just the beginning but I think I am getting better. I really liked the Asian eye. Since there eyes are so dark you really don't have to work on a pupil or anything. I am learning a lot about shading and how to use those tortillon things. If you have no clue what I mean they are little paper stumps that you use to blend pencil. They work pretty good once you know the technique.

Its warmer today so I think I may go down to the river and sit for a little bit. Communing with mother nature is always a good thing....

6 comments:

KaiBlue said...

I love the reflections caught in the eye, they are wonderful and it's great to see your art..
How cold is it by you now Kate?
PEace, Kai xx

Sophie said...

The Asian eye is my favorite. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

Love your eyes they are great. I love drawing eyes and mouths. But not whole faces.

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

I have had a very strong urge to sit down and draw lately...even though I've never been very good at it in the past...Seeing your drawing inspires me even more! Have you ever heard the song "I'll Be Your River" by Cyndi Lauper...it is so beautiful..I would love to have a river close to me! Beverly

Anonymous said...

Eyes! Wonderful work Kate! I love it! *HUGS*

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Wow, these eyes are fabulous! Each one a different soulful look. I am always drawing eyes and I am never satisfied, those and hands. (oh and proper shading)I think a book to help with that is a great idea. SO is doing art in some form every day!
XOXO