Friday, August 10, 2007

Stardust



















I know all of you are waiting to hear about Stardust so here goes. I went to see Stardust this evening and I was pleasantly surprised. The special effects are wonderful, the story engaging, of course I love fantasy so it isn't hard to entertain me but I did not realize it would be so funny. I went with my friend Ginger and we both enjoyed it immensely. It was filmed in Scotland and Iceland so the scenery is exquisite. The music was great too. Its not a show for kids as there are some scary scenes. I hope the make up artists were well paid since they did a wonderful job making Michelle Pfeiffer old and ugly. Robert DeNiro was excellent. I say 3*** out of 4. I think I will have to go again and take Sarah this time. She will really like it.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I saw it this afternoon. I would give it a 4 out of 4. While watching it I was wondering where it was filmed and now I know. Thank you!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh! I so much want to see that! If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's based on Neil Gaiman's book - and I love his writing! He's become my newest favorite, because he does blend humor in so well with the fantasy. Thanks for the info, Kate! xo

Sophie said...

Tinker is right. It's the Neil Gaiman one. I'm hoping to see it soon. All the critics seem to be good so that's a relief!