Wednesday, April 12, 2006

New Books and Diversions

I got 2 books I ordered from Amazon the other day. I love them both. I have a copy of The Decorated Page by Gwen Diehn and when I saw her new book The Decorated Journal I knew I really wanted it. It has some wonderful ideas on decorating journals that I can't wait to try.


 










The other book I got is called the Renaissance Soul. It was recommended by Jennifer Louden and I am really enjoying. It is very clear that I am a renaissance soul. A person with so many passions that it is hard for me to choose what to do first. I think the book will be an excellent guidebook for me.


 










I am seeing a pattern with this watercolor class that I have done before. I am so unsure of myself that instead of working on exercizes and so forth I spend my time finding more books on the subject. In some senses I would rather read about it than actually do it. Or I find ways to do everything else but what I need to be doing. I know it is fear but it is still hard to work through. I really want to stop doing this, I just need a find a way to do that. I am told to key to solving a problem is recognizing it so I am at step one at least. Perhaps I should do a visual journal page on this and insight will follow.

I have my womens knitting group to go to this morning. Yes it is another diversion, but if I say here that tonight I will post either a visual journal page or some watercolor that I have done, then I really have to do it. I really don't know who reads this butI figure you will hold me to my promise. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Thorn said...

I can really relate...so many things that I want to try my hand at, and then I never work hard enough to improve on just ONE!...thorn