Monday, April 10, 2006

Back to spinning again

Its Monday Evening and I have not had time to write yet, so here goes. I spent part of the day making my ATC for the swap I am hosting. The theme is Spring so I thought I would draw the pansy's we have in a planter out front. I started the first card using watercolor pencils and then used a water brush on them. The color did not seem to change at all it was weird. Only then did I realize I had used colored pencils by mistake. So back to the drawing board. I then did one in watercolor paints and the other in watercolor pencils and then went over it with a water brush. They are not great art but they were fun to do. Yes I know I spelled spring wrong, I have fixed it.

 









I started the homework for my watercolor class and deciede my painting was too ambitious for my skills so far. I was going to do a landscape that had hills, water and rocks. I will save this one for later and just do something with simple washes. I think I got ahead of myself there. I hope to get back to it tomorrow.

This past weekend I got back to spinning and was able to ply this. It is some bombyx silk I dyed last fall. It felt great to be back in the saddle again. I have a little bit more silk to spin and ply. I also found the purple lambspun silk/wool. I was sure I had another ball of it. I think I will spin that next.

 


I think my foot is doing much better. I can walk without the cane but it is still tiring at times. Another month and I should be dancing the jig. At least I hope so.

Last Saturday we went back up to market lake. Since the birds are still migrating we saw lots of different ones. This time there was a Yellow headed blackbird, American Wigeon, Red Breasted Meganser, Loon, Redhead, Ruddy Duck, Western Meadowlark, Belted Kingfisher, Swainsons hawk and some American Pelicans. Pretty soon we will go back and not see anything new but for now its been great. I am really enjoying this new hobby and glad that Dave is enjoying it too.

We went to the Photography studio today to order Sarah's pictures and announcements. I can not believe how much this is costing. She definetly has different ideas on what she likes than I do. I am least glad that is over with. We should have them in a couple weeks. Then it will be a mad rush to get them sent out. Graduation will be here before I know it. Its the 23rd of May. I think that is the last thing we'll have to buy this year. Sarah's graduation gift is a computer and she wants to wait till January when computers will have Microsoft's new operating system on them. Hopefully I will have woven her blannket by the time she goes off to college in August. Lots of changes coming around here. Posted by Picasa

No comments: