Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tuesday

It late and I started this post this morning so I had better get back to it.

I dyed 14 lbs of wool yesterday, now that is a record for me. Its all dried and separated but I need to print labels for it and weigh it. I have some silk coming in a couple days and then I will spend another day dyeing and then I will be ready.

Today I am at the Villa downloading the last video in Paulette Insall's face painting class. I have not managed to work on my portrait for weeks but hopefully soon. Then I will head to the dentist for prep work to be done on 2 crowns. I imagine that will kill the rest of the day for me.

Well it turned out the dentist trip was not as bad as I thought. Sure my mouth is still sore but I did not spend the day in bed or anything like that. After much trial and many mistakes I printed out my labels, wrapped all the fibers, weighed and priced them and they are all neatly put away until they are needed. That feels good to be done with that. Maybe now I should clean my house, its always a disaster after one of these marathon sessions. I promise some Art soon, I am working on a journal page that should be ready soon.

Check out this movie Its a great visual of our planet.

4 comments:

Janet said...

You have been busy! I'm glad the dentist wasn't too bad. That's never a fun thing to have to do!

Thanks for the link to that movie. Beautiful!!

Shop girl said...

What will you do with the wool, and I hate the Denist. I have a wonderful one, but I always warn him that I am a bad patient.
Maybe I should go back and read more, you may be telling what you do and I didn't catch it.
Happy Spring! Mary

Anonymous said...

Fourteen pounds sounds like a whole lot of wool.
Glad everything turned out ok at the dentist.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
I dont think I could stay indoors if it were beautiful..Ive seen your pictures and where you live is heavenly..
14lbs!!Are you planning to weave something special with your fibre?
Peace, Kai xx