Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wonderful Gifts

Angela tagged me with a meme of 7 statements about myself. So here they are. If you are reading this you are tagged.

1. I love the quote "Follow your Bliss" by Joseph Campbell. Its how I try to live my life.
2. My favorite poet in Mary Oliver, and my favorite poem by her is called The Journey.
3. I love books, I have several bookshelves full. Sometimes I will give one I don't need anymore away and other times I can not bear to part with them.
4. Blogging has changed my life in many ways, mainly with all the wonderful women that I have met all over the world. They are the best, you know who you are.
5. I like collecting rocks and shells, and other things from nature.
6. I like to help others find their creativity, When I taught classes it would irk me so much when women would say they weren't creative, I would say back everyone is creative and hope to show them a little of their own creativity.
7. I love keeping a journal, some I write in some I draw in, some I do both in. The worst thing for me would be to be somewhere with out pen and paper. I have a notebook of some sorts with me at all times.me

I received another birthday gift. This time from Lisa Oceandreamer. She sent this hand painted mug and crown for my weaving room. She also sent some make your own prayer flags. I just love her work and she is just the sweetest person on the planet. Thanks Lisa.































Then I won Anna's birthday giveaway and got these. I just love the Angel, she is just gorgeous. The notebook is in my favorite color so you can't beat that. Thanks Anna.


























Quote of the Day: Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Act as though it were impossible to fail. Dorothea Brandt

8 comments:

Gill said...

Beautiful gifts Kate...the mug and all is so great. Lisa is one talented dude.
So are you! Hope you are well.

Tan said...

Beautiful creations. I enjoyed reading your statements. My answers are at http://chaosvortex.blogspot.com/2007/05/tagged.html

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gifts, Kate - glad the Universe is heaping you with abundant goodies!

Loved reading your list - I love books - have tons; and I take a pen & sketchbook with me everywhere I go, too. Love that Joseph Campbell quote, too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Kate! Learned alot about ya. :) Gotta say that alot of those I felt like I wrote. LOLOLOLOL
The gifts from Lisa are wonderful! I soooo envy you for having that mug. Ohhh that is sooo beautiful!
WAY TO GO on winning Anna's work! WOOO HOOO! Those are sooo beautiful as well! :)
*HUGS*

J C said...

Read your post, but I'm not tagged. Nope. UhUh. Nada. Kate, your blanket is lovely. I am envious of your talent and I know your friends were delighted to receive it. Happy Belated Birthday!

KaiBlue said...

It's so neat to know about little things you like. I like collecting rocks and shells too, I'll have to find you a special one from NC.
PEace, Kai

gma said...

Hi Kate....Wonderful gifts from Lisa and Anna. I recieved your Shh project....so pretty!!!
xo

Tinker said...

Have a happy Mother's Day, Kate! xo