Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Three baby owls














These pictures were taken by my Dave with his new camera a Sony Cybershot. This is the mother owl. We did find out that there are 3 baby owls. If you enlarge the baby pic you can see 3 of them.
















I woke up this morning and decided I just could not take the pain anymore. I have scheduled a steroid shot for Friday morning. I sure hope this one does the trick.

Ever since my trip to Maryland I have been in a lot of pain. I try to put on a happy face but it does get hard to even do that. I have had a few weeks of things that had to get done, like weaving the blanket or preparing for the Fiber Fair. I manage to pull through and do it all but when I get out of the other side of all this activity I am a mess. Dave is headed to Yellowstone for a week and I was going to go but I just can't be far from a heating pad. Its sad to think that my life has deteriorated to this stage. I find myself becoming a person who only can think about what she can't do instead of all the things that are possible. I guess that is why I felt I had to try the shot one more time. I need to move beyond this back problem, its starting to eat me alive in some ways. I am starting to feel like one of those people in the depression commercials on TV and I don't like it. Enough of all this downer talk.

Thrift Store Finds

I have been slowly accumulating materials for the class with Misty Mawn. Now I am looking for collage items like old books, magazines etc. So I went to a thrift store yesterday. I found some old sheet music and an old scrabble game. I took all the wood tile pieces out, kept the board since its heavy cardboard that I can use for some bookmaking and tossed the beat up box. Some old games have great collage elements to them. I think I will hit some of the other thrift store now to see if I can find other gems.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I've got a story to tell you that will make ya burst out laughing.
I went over to my parents house to eat the other day, saw what I thought was an owl sitting on the back fence. I told my dad, he thought it was too so he asked my mom....when it moved like 15minutes later...it moved and it was just a squirl!It looked just like an owl with it's tail stuck up like that! I had my mom, dad and brother all looking at it in amazement! Sorry, I had to tell ya that as soon as I saw an owl on this post.
Beautiful owls! I made a self-care project! Thank you sooo much for the postcard! :) I have it on my frig. :) It reminds me daily that I have a friend named Kate. :)
*HUGS*

gma said...

Thrift stores have the greatest stuff....you just never know what you might find. Love to find out what you do with the Scrabble board and tiles.
:-)

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am so sorry to hear your back is still giving you such pain. I truly hope the shot gives you some relief. You've really managed to work through it all - I applaud you but be kind to yourself Kate.
I am so envious of your class with Misty Mawn. So many people who attended ArtFest reported on their blogs how very much they loved her class and her. Thrift stores are a great resource for sure!
Take care dear Kate!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa