Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Sp Just One Thing



















This is my self portrait lately.
















Or perhaps its this one, you can see all those lovely laugh lines close up.

I started this new eating plan a couple months ago and had steady weight loss. Then I hit a snag with all this time away. On this plan there is so much you have to change and I knew I could not do it all at once so I haven't. I was thinking yesterday what is one thing that I could do easily this week that might help matters along. Then I thought of water. The plan calls for eating 12-8 oz glasses of water a day. I am not drinking anywhere near this. So my next step in the eating adventure is to ad the water to my diet.

Now this led to thinking about the concept of one thing. So many times when we attempt to make changes on our lives and the changes see so huge. Maybe we would all be more successful if we broke things down to a smaller level. This relates to anything in your life. What simple thing could you do to make your Art a little different? Mine was painting that bird. Or what could you do to make your relationships better? Maybe taking that extra time doing something for another person will make a difference. If you're a writer what could you do? perhaps just do morning pages or a timed writing every day. Why don't you try just one new thing in your life and see how it goes. If you do I'd love to hear how it went.

5 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Wise advice - trying to "fix" it all is way too overwhelming. Little pieces make it feel do-able - whatever "it" is!

Adding more water sounds like a great little step for your body. Today, I am working on being in the here and now, being present. A great little step for my spirit.

Yay us for keeping at the work !

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate..
Sage advice indeed. I like the portrait of your eyes.. pretty.
peace, Kai

gma said...

Hi! Love your "just do it" from Tuesday. I am taking that advice!Thanks! Oh and laugh lines are a good thing.Beats the heck out of frown lines.
:-)

Janet said...

Laugh lines are good! They show that you laugh a lot and we all know laughter is the best medicine.

I like your idea to try one small thing that's different.

Darn! It was windy today so no stencil work! I'm dying to try them all!!

Renee said...

Kate you look gorgeous. I love this picture of you.

Congratulations on the weight loss too.

Renee xoxo