Saturday, May 23, 2009

Layer Love

I have signed up for Julie Prichard's Layer Love class and I finally got around to trying some painting today.
















This one is is all about reds. I had my challenges with this one but that is they way when you are learning a new technique.

















This is for lesson 2, there are some collage papers used. I actually liked it better before I added all the dark green. The drips I ended up making are so light you can't even see them. Anyways I think that both of these pages will be great backgrounds to use in my journal so all is good.






















Speaking of journals this page fell together really easily, I am happy with it. The image makes me smile and I suddenly feel more at peace when I look at it.

I will be out of town for a few days so no posts till at least Friday.

5 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Love your julified pieces, especially the red !

I hope you time away has some serene moments for you .
Happy Sunday !

Janet said...

I like everything here! The journal page is fantastic!

I had more trouble with the red too. On your blue one, I can see the drips. I love how it looks like a light shining on that one spot.

Enjoy your time away. See you when you return.

Olivia said...

I like your layers too Kate. I hope you have a peaceful and good trip and will be glad to see you back. xo, O

Unknown said...

Kate,Your lessons are turning out real good! Any plans on what you'll do with them? I'm not sure if I'll use mine as journal pages or what I'll do with them.
I really enjoued the rest of your blog posts too! I'm adding you to my follow list...

Have a great hair day! Becci

Sheila said...

Glad you are enjoying the course Kate.
Thanks for the good wishes too.
Enjoy your trip
hugs
x