Monday, May 04, 2009

A few faces on the way






















This was drawn at church a few weeks ago, just another face.



















Here I was trying a little girl using a painting I saw on the net for inspiration.




















I drew her in the car while I was riding to the Wool Trek on Saturday.




















I used a different kind of pencil here. It was more an experiment of trying the pencil than anything else.




















Just for fun I drew this bicycle. I call it Amy's bike because Amy was driving the car I was in and she rides a lot. Of course her real bike looks nothing like this.

Sue Bleiweiss posted this fun project on making books out of cereal boxes. It sure looked fun and easy. I ave been saving cereal boxes to use for ATC's but this is another great way to recycle an everyday item for Art. I love that idea. On the site she links you to there are a whole group of projects you might find interesting. She and Terri Stegmiler have a site called Two creative Studios where they offer classes and some free projects. What fun things they are doing.

6 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I like the flow of your lines.

Janet said...

I like all these faces. They have a clean, fresh look and each expression is different.

Love that cereal box booklet idea!! I save every food box that comes along! I have a big drawer in the studio that's filled with boxes that I've cut down. Now I have something else to do with them.

Anonymous said...

Kate these faces are pretty fabulous but I am really loving the bike one!

Renee said...

Kate I like all the drawings but the first one to me is really beautiful.

Love Renee xoxo

violette said...

Hi Kate....i really LOVE the one of the girl you drew in the car....her face is so serene!

I have to work on the answers to your questions! Ack!

Sue's site is great isn't it? Full of wonderful projects....i'm having problems downloading the cereal box one......like the idea though!

Love, Violette

Leah said...

what lovely faces!!