Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rockin' Girl Award and more

My friend Denise sent me this award, its all about blogger friendships all around the world. This is what she said "The Blogging World embraces global friendships and all of my blogging friends like yourself have become so special, reliable and caring". I am honored Denise, to add this to my blog and to have you as a friend.














Then Violette gave me this award and here is what she said "To Kate for her beautiful writing, gorgeous art……she elevates her art to another dimension by imbuing it with her wonderful spirit". Wow that sure was nice. Thank you so much







I don't know what is wrong but I have been unable to post any pictures that I took with my camera for days. If its something off the net I have no problem. I wonder what the problem is. I really want to share a gift from JudiRedhead but need to get those pics working first.

I seem to go through periods where I am just tired of not being able to do anything. Tired of reading tired of watching TV and movies and so forth. Last night I picked up my journal and started doing collages of all the get well cards I received. It was fun to be doing something Artsy again. All these hours on the couch I guess I could be drawing something. Sometimes it is the simplest thing that we can do to lift our spirits on one hand but it takes us a long time to come to that realization. I know Art can heal but yet I avoid doing it, now does that make sense at all.


Quote of the Day: "Don't ask yourself what the world needs
Ask Yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive"

- Harold Thurman Whitman

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Congratulations on your awards, Kate. You wrote "I know Art can heal but yet I avoid doing it, now does that make sense at all." I always resist doing things that heal me...which does seem odd, and I haven't figured it out either. I think it could be just that the thing or behavior that needs healing serves some purpose that I am hesitant or afraid to let go of, and I'm just unaware of it. But when I do let go, it FEELS SO GOOD!

Gill said...

Congrats Kate!
xo
Blue

gma said...

Kate....Hope you are feeling better...Yes I think art will help you feel better. Congrats on your award.....