Friday, July 27, 2007

I can Drive

Yesterday I got in the car and drove to the Dairy to buy milk and of course I had to get an ice cream too. Some roads are more bumpy and uncomfortable but I managed to do it. So it is like getting my independence back and a major step for me. I am heading to the mall today to see if I can find a couple of cool dresses to wear in S.Carolina in September where I know it will be very hot with humidity on top. I hope all the summer clothes are not gone.

Well the shopping trip wore me out. I did find 2 dresses that should work for the Thread Project evening events that I need to go to. Now I need something for the afternoon and then just general sightseeing wear. This body doesn't do shorts and I think it will be too hot for slacks so I think a skirt that I could wear with a sleeveless shirt or more dresses are the attire I need to find. I have got about 5 weeks so I will come up with something.

Dave bought the tickets today using his frequent flyer miles so now it is really official. I am going to get to meet another internet buddy. This time it will be a Glitter Sister so that will be awesome.

Quote of the Day: A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

KaiBlue said...

oh congraddies on getting back yourself to good there Miss Kate.. you'll have to post pickies of you and Pamelalala when you get to SC.. It's going to be a wonderful trip for you :)
PEace n fun, Kai xx

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

WOOHOO I am so glad to read this...I am sure it felt like shackles were removed to get out and drive yourself again! Now is the time for summer wear sales...fall clothes should be hitting the stores about now!
I just realized September isn't that far off...time is going by fast!
Love and hugs,
Lisa
XOXO