Monday, June 18, 2007

A Wonderful Bird is a Pelican





















A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His bill can hold more than his belican,
He can take in his beak, Food enough for a week,
But I’m damned if I see how the helican (Dixon Merritt)


We went looking for owls but we found these pelican instead. We couldn't see any babies but they could be sitting on eggs, they were far away so it was hard to tell.

On the medical front, I found a physician to give me a second opinion and that is scheduled for the 25th, or next Monday. I also scheduled the surgery for July 9th. Its the first available date that I could get. I will meet with my Dr on the 28th and see what he thinks about my attending retreat. Then I will make the decision whether to go or not. Frankly I am scared to do this but I am also really tired of all the pain and I guess I am willing to take the risk.

I've adding a sidebar thing for Daisy and the Bright Light Award which my friend Lisa gave me so long ago. I don't know why I never put it up before. Thanks Lisa.

I'm off to Michaels to look for little cellophane bags, not sure I want to take the time to go and make 22 fabric bags. It was enough making everything else. Its funny how you finally get your design all ready, and then when you have to make 21 more of them its amazing how long that really takes. I worked on it last night and this morning and they are finally done. It reminded me of the crow book. A labor of love for sure but still a labor, I think I like them, which is good cause I have no time to do anything else.

Quote of the Day: I never had any other desire so strong, and so like covetousness, as that.... I might be master at last of a small house and a large garden, with very moderate conveniences joined to them, and there dedicate the remainder of my life to the culture of them and the study of nature. ~Abraham Cowley

This quote reminds me of Daisy, I like to think of her tending a beautiful garden off in the nethers somewhere.

6 comments:

Pam Aries said...

When I read that quote by Abraham Cowley..tears started streamimg ....It is as if he... or you... peered into my very heart. whoa.

Laritza said...

Don't be afraid. Everything will go just fine. Aside from the confidence that I have in medical science I have confidence in our prayers for you.
Go for it girl, you will not be sorry.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Kate,
Im sorry for not visiting in a day or so..
I think you know that we all hold your hand through any medical decision you make, and support you with as much love, caring and friendship as we can muster.
You are a special, special person Kate.. all will be fine. :)
your quote is perfect..
PEace n hugs, Kai xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Kate! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
*HUGS*

Pam Aries said...

I forgot to tell you that your ATC s for the Artnest swap are awesome ..A perfect gift! ..Say..are you still planning to come to Charleston in September!??? Also ..my prayers are with you and maybe you wont have to have surgery at all!

Gill said...

You ARE a bright light, it's about time you put up your award! LOL
xo
Blue!